Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Bad News Miscreants (III)

Well, the moment finally arrived. In our late game on Friday evening, America let out her collective breath as the Lakeview Miscreants won our first game. We beat the host team (an area megachurch) in their own park. I am confident of the importance of this event, because on Saturday afternoon, someone from Tucson, Arizona came to Coffeespoons after Googling “Taran softball”.

So clearly word is getting out.

We dropped the first game 12-7 and won the second 18-15. The second game was a nail biter and no lead was safe. I had a fine pair of games at second base and only hurt us with a couple of errors for the evening. My hitting suffered as I went 0-3 with three walks for the night.

Injury report: I took a line drive smash off my right foot. It hit squarely on my big toe and the nail has turned a darkish hue. But all nagging injuries pale in comparison to the rest of the season. We are moving into the homestretch of the playoff race with our 1-5 record. We play six games over the next nine days, so things should really start to tighten up.

(I mean my muscles, not the playoff race. We’re way out of that!)

No comments: