Sunday mornings still feel a bit awkward as I step back into the Sunday School teacher role. In my more honest moments, I suspect that part of my dissatisfaction with decision making in our church is because I’m making the transition from interim pastor back to church member.
But Sunday morning was filled with kids having fun with Dad. All three of them presented me with my Father’s Day gift and then two of them gave me sweet picture/cards from their Sunday school classes. Before Sunday school began, there was a “Doughnuts with Dad” time in which the children’s SS classes were stocked with both Kispy Kreme doughnuts and with Dads of ample girth. (Mother’s Day is a more healthy affair offering “Muffins with Mom”).
Oh, I forgot to mention my best Father’s Day gift. A pair of Speedos!!! With summer swim season arriving soon, Kadie and the kids decided than I needed a new pair. I debated whether or not to post a picture of me wearing the Speedos, but decided why not!! Fun wins out over propriety…I'll include the picture of me in my new Speedos at the end of the entry.
After SS and church we returned home and hosted my own Mom, Dad, and youngest brother Miguelito. Dad, mom and I had a politically charged conversation and simply enjoyed spending time together chatting about a lot of nothing. My brother Miguelito is 16 going on 25 and a lot of fun. He decided to spend the night with us and then gave me a great gift when he offered to baby sit the kids and let Kadie and I escape to a movie. We saw the third installation of the Pirate movie and were pleased. (Sidenote, Geoffrey Rush is absolutely amazing. To me, he was more interesting in this film than Jack Sparrow).
I hope that you enjoyed your Father’s Day!!!!
2 comments:
You (not too unlike another who liked to talk a lot about nothing) clearly have a bright future as a professional foot model....
What I particularly like about this picture is that you can just catch a hint of the bruise I received on my big toe from last week's softball game.
Post a Comment