Well the final verses of Susan Song are coming to an end.
I have given them May 27th as my final Sunday. Three weeks ago I gave them six weeks notice. I gave them that date mostly to jump-start the pastoral search process. They had settled into a level of comfort with me as interim that I believe prevented them from seriously looking for a pastor.
I thought about delaying my departure, because they are probably another four weeks away from calling a pastor. But I decided to remain firm in my deadline for two reasons.
First, I think it is important to maintain my word to them. I told them a termination date, and I need to stick to that date for the sake of consistency.
Second, I have heard through the ministerial grapevine that our home pastor is going in view of a call on the May 20th to another church. To my knowledge, he has not shared this information with anyone at our church.
Due to the fact that our church governance has been pretty centralized in our pastor, I have some concern about how the church will react. I really want to be there to lend my thoughts/experiences.
When finals end this week and grades are turned in I will post my final report on Susan Song.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Taran,
I know that you have been a great blessing to the Susan Song Church as you have shared your love and your ministry. I am anxious to hear of your next great adventure...
Post a Comment