In preparation for Friday’s event, I told more lies than I have in the previous 16 years of our marriage combined.
1. On four occasions I told her that a person who called (usually her sister PT Girl, or a co-conspirator from church), in fact called for some other reason than her party.
2. I told her that we were going to my parents B&B because my brother had a choir festival.
3. I signed off on our monthly budget, realizing that I’d be busting it to fly Linda into town.
4. On the road to the surprise party, Kadie decided to call our baby sitter about a sitting time this Friday. Since our sitter was at the surprise party, I was afraid Kadie would hear the talking, so I quickly made up some fool tale about having to work this Friday evening in the computer graphics lab, so there was no reason to call her.
That is the sum total of lies I told my wife. Why recount them here?
1) To salve my bitter conscience and
2) because I’m curious what referrals the title will generate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
5 Hail marys and a road trip to Austin should make you feel better.
B
Post a Comment