Driving to Sam's to pick up some bulk necessities
Squealer "Daddy, Bears live in the forest and sleep during the day so they can be awake during the night.
Taran: "Yes, very good."
(Let me interrupt this narrative to make a few points. I have no idea where this stuff comes from. I assume he got it from a story at Mother's Day Out or a Little Einstein episode. I'm also not exactly sure that he's right. Are bears really nocturnal? Do all of those bear attacks take place during the night? Most of the footage of bears I've seen is during the day.)
Squealer: "But we don't sleep in the day, we sleep in the night. Bears sleep in the day."
Taran: "Yes. That's because bears are nocturnal."
Squealer: "……."
Taran: "Can you say nocturnal?"
Squealer: (Very deliberately) "Noc-turn-al. Nocturnal"
Taran: Enthusiastically. "Very Good, Squealer!! Can you think of other animals that are nocturnal?"
Squealer: (After thinking carefully for a few seconds) "Dogs."
Taran: "Dogs?!"
Squealer "Yes, Dogs. Dogs are not turtles."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment