
Since Scooter now rides the bus home from school, I get to pick up Skeeter from her school and we get to drive back to the house together. I am discovering how much of the conversation over the last few eyars was dominated by her older sibling. I have enjoyed the last few days of school and we have had some very nice conversations.
Today, however, was not one of them:
Me: "So, Skeeter, what did you learn at school today?"
Skeeter: "Well Daddy, it was so neat! In science today, our teacher got a pickle and put plugs and wires into it and then turned it on!" (I assume she was talking about something like this)
Me: "Wow! That is neat. What did you learn from that?"
Skeeter: (silence)
Me: "What did your teacher tell you about the experiment?"
Skeeter: (more silence)
Me: (Gently prompting) "Did you learn anything about salty pickles and electricity?"
Skeeter: (slowly) "Well, I learned that it looks really cool when pickles light up."
2 comments:
Wow, you're a man ahead of your time!! (see posting date) - Bartolo.
The only blog about someone's life BEFORE it happens.
Post a Comment