"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is
done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 1:9
One of the worst parts of parenting a thirteen year old is seeing the recycled teen culture that you thought you'd sucessfully escaped the first time around. This dawned on me again recently when Scooter showed me her new heartthrobs: the band called the Jonas Brothers. They are the most recent Disney singing group. Here's a fair representation of their work: Lovebug.
It bugged (sorry) me how familiar they were, but somehow I couldn't quite place them. Until finally it came to me. Yes, I distantly recall in the far recesses of my mind another long haired trio of brothers who took the teen demographic by storm. Regrettably, their video cannot be embedded (it has been disabled at their request, the punk kids). Perhaps they were embarassed by it.
As I told Scooter, enjoy the Jonas brothers, but don't blink or you'll miss them.
1 comment:
Was a time when I might be able to watch that whole video. Today, and for a long time, not. Scooter will one day shake her head at herself, and the circle will be complete... again.
Post a Comment