The intentional interim process continues at Susan Song Baptist. The church had never planned out a calendar of upcoming events before, so we began that process and it has taken us a few weeks. When we finish the year (next Wednesday) I’ll ask them to look over the calendar and see how many events they have planned that do not concern fellowship. I think that it will be a good tool to help them see their identity.
Last weekend we held a community-wide rummage sale in order to pay the insurance for the church (which runs around $1,500.00 a year). We raised $900 which was a great start. I worked the sale and enjoyed getting to see the people from the church in their natural habitat, away from the Sunday morning service.
I am still trying to reach the former pastor for lunch. He has not been returning my phone calls although I found out form a mutual friend that he has received them. I will try one more time and then write him a letter. I think that it will be good for the church if he returns to the church and lets us celebrate his ministry. Those who know him say that he has a great sense of anxiety.
I hope that he overcomes it!
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Taran, I am glad to hear that you are trying to catch-up with the former pastor. YOU would do well to hear what he has to say regarding the situation and it would probably be a little redemptive for him to share the story as to 'why' one more time. My advice, don't call again, but write the letter. BTW...really enjoyed your commentary on finances. Now i do hope you decide to travel to VA for a visit....SOON!
DD
DD,
Rest assured we are looking at a trip Eastward next summer and you and your clan are on the itinerary. I really hope that it works out!!!! Thanks for the pictures too.
Post a Comment