Bowden's daughter wasn't the only one who watched the Pirates of the Carribbean last night. Kadie and I had a wonderful date night as we inflicted the three kiddos on a babysitter and had a nice dinner (a Cajun restaurant) and a movie. At the theater we saw twelve people from our church and got tickets only because I ordered them online earlier in the day. I spoke with a lot of people throughout the day who were going to it, which I guess explains this shocking news!!!!!
A stunning half a mill opening day. I had reasonably low expectations for the film, and they were well met. As busy as I've been, I had no idea that it was the first installment of a two part episode shot back to back (a la the LOTR or Back to the Future trilogies). So it ended in media res, but was still alright. It did remind me a lot of the Captain Blood type of films, where you just suspend your disbelief and ride along for the fun. For a full review by an administrator at the premier Baptist University in the country, read Thomas Hibbs’ take.
I won't risk stepping onto someone else's turf here, but one thing struck me about the film. Jack Sparrow might become one of the more iconic film characters in time. I suspect that he will really resonate with contemporary culture and we will soon see Sparrow references umm, flying everywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment