Introductions are in order. Due to various job (mine) and safety (the kids) concerns, I am using pseudonyms for us all. Our home consists of the following:
Kadie is my long-suffering bride. We have been together for eighteen years, and married for fourteen. That means that I have now known her for over half my life. She is the most encouraging person I have ever known, and her intense compassion for others has had an incredibly positive impact on me. Her compassion works well in her profession of nursing. But she still makes me a little bit scared when she gets mad. She also has the widest sense of humor of anyone I know. She appreciates all types of comedy. One of my favorite things is to see her play straight to someone who doesn’t know her very well. She is, above all, enchanting.
Scooter is our eldest child and has entered what some are referring to as the tween years. She has her mother’s compassion and is a very caring, very mature ten-year old. She also reads voraciously and loves narratives in all forms. Her inquisitive nature keeps us each on our toes. "Dad, does God love Satan?" was one of her earlier questions.
Skeeter is seven and has a very distinctive personality. Essentially, this is her world, and the rest of us tend to be obstacles in her path. She is very focused and determined. I believe that she gets this intensity from her grandmother, because her mother and I do not possess it (it must be a recessive trait).
Squealer is three and, like Shiva, is the destroyer of everything. He is the most destructive force known to mankind and is the center of much that goes on in our household. His determination to force his will upon those around him is truly breathtaking. He is also gifted musically and is known for singing embarrassingly loudly in public places.
We are blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome, Taran, to blog world! And welcome your family for me also.
Thank you for the welcome. It appears that I am the last one to get on the bus!
How did I not realize the existence of the Pomonkey site?! Now, how can I not stay away????
http://pomonkey.blogspot.com/
I'm not sure how you didn't know about pomonkey! It's an absolute necessity to your daily routine. It's very enlightening plus educational. Can't beat that!
Post a Comment