Kadie and I recently procured separate cell phones. We’ve had one line for the last few years and only now have felt the need, and the possession of sufficient finances, to get a second line. Plus our old phone died.
New phones, however, brings new features. Our old phone was incapable of connecting to the internet machine, but our new phones can. But we’ve been unwilling to pay the extra $16.95 a month that will allow us to do so. They both also take crummy pictures, but without an internet connection…what can you do with that?
I’ve also been familiarized with the process of the “ring tone” that allows you to purchase a song and have that installed as your own distinctive ring. Furthermore, you can designate a particular tone for a particular person. With that in mind, I made two new ring “downloads” off the internet machine.
For my all-purpose ring I selected my favorite song by the late great Rich Mullins entitled “Calling Out Your Name”. Call my new number and that’s what I’ll hear.
Then I downloaded a distinctive ring for Kadie, something I’ll hear only when she calls. I decided to go with the (not late, but still definately great) Norah Jones' “Come Away With Me” a song by that singer and inspired by that book. It goes off only when Kadie calls.
It always makes me smile when I hear her call…
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I told my sixteen-year-old to pick out a song to put on my phone that would be her special ring tone. This is what she chose. I'm not sure what her choice signifies; I don't think I want to.
A great way to find out how somebody really feels about you is to learn what song they've picked for your special ring tone. I'd hate to find out that when I call you, Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" plays.
Bowden,
Very amusing. She has excellent taste. You are braver than I for letting her pick...or maybe you didn't know how to do it yourself.
Bobby,
Given your proximity to entertainment power, I have your calls set to "Big Shot" by William Joel.
Am I the snarky, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou narrator of the song, or the drug-snorting, egomaniacal party animal whom he is rebuking?
Bobby,
You've never snorted drugs or been a party animal have you?
You have answered my question. And now I refer to my original comment, to point out its proven veracity.
Post a Comment