Comments while walking to the Rippling Hills. No, there is no context for the initial question by Skeeter.
Skeeter: “Daddy, what does peace mean?”
Taran: “Well, it’s the absence of wa…” (But then I interrupt myself and remember that from the pulpit I’ve always used the line “The peace that passes all understanding refers not to the absence of conflict, but the presence of Christ.”) So I tentatively amend my statement, unsure of exactly how theological to take the conversation.
Taran: “Well, it’s actually the joy that comes from a satisfying relationship with Christ.”
Skeeter: “…”
Taran: “Doesn’t that answer your question?”
Skeeter: “I guess, but I thought it was a part of a tree or a rock or something.”
Taran: “…”
Scooter: “Dad, I think she means piece, like a piece of a sandwich.”
The clouds of confusion immediately evaporate.
Taran: “Ohhhhh…now I understand.”
Scooter: “But Dad, what does ‘a piece of hesitance’ mean??
This question puzzles me for a minute, but then for some reason it dawns on me. “I think you mean the piece de la resistance."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy to see that you can use all that french you took in JHS.
BLO
That's not all the French I recall. I can still count to ten!
Post a Comment