Thirty years later, I still cannot get these images out of my mind...
And the One that started them all: The Yip Yip Martians meet the Telephone...
The Sleestacks still frighten me. And I still, bitterly hold Sidd and Marty Krofft personally responsible for so much that went wrong in the 1970's....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Land of the Lost: I caught an episode a months ago on some obscure cable channel during a bought of insomnia.
Some things are better remembered than re-visited.
2 things:
1) Back in the day, I didn't take note of the "high mountain sound" in the intro music that's played on the banjo or eukelelee, or some other instrument from West Virginia.
2) I also didn't notice how much of the intro sequence was apparently shot in the producer's bathtub.
Bowden,
Nice line. CS Lewis said that if we read a beloved children's book from our past again as an adult and it stinks...then it probably was never very good. Children's classics hold up into adulthood.
Bartolo,
I was struck by the same thing. I didn't realize how much Bluegrass was in the opening theme. But even as a child I recognized how horrible the "special effects" were.
By the way Bartolo, are you glad I didn't mention you hiding from the Sleestacks behind the couch?
Bobby,
I too watched all of the Krofft ouvre (rats, Google reveals I'm not the first to put those terms together). But you are simply wrong. This stuff was trash and the sooner you confront that fact, the better. (See Lewis comment above).
Ohhh....why must you remind me of The Lost Saucer and that feral dog thing???????
Post a Comment