Sunday, June 11, 2006

Greensboro

I am not going to Greensboro, North Carolina this weekend. Family responsibilities and summer school have conspired to keep me from making the trip. But while I remain behind, my thoughts and prayers are most definitely in Greensboro. (For a summary of the import of this SBC convention, please see here).

For years I have been out of the SBC fold, largely unconcerned with being active in more than my local church. I had given no further thought to the convention in the years past.

But that changed this year. With the attention of the blogsphere shifting to the next generation of SBC life, I see much good remaining. The blog community has convinced me that there are still good, godly people who have chosen to remain in the SBC. In particular, the work of the International Mission Board is unparalleled in the history of Christendom. So I will pray for the convention.

With some more work, I am becoming increasingly convinced that there is much in the SBC that is still of value.

That is why Carolina is on my mind and in my prayers these next few days.

2 comments:

Taran said...

Bobby,

You are so far out of touch with this that you are now Presbyterian. I was out of touch too, but that is beginning to change. The SBC is beginning to change too.

Mister Ginger said...

I'm still an SBC member, but I haven't kept up with the goings on. (Lots more BGC news where I live.) Thanks for the update.

What's your take on the newly elected pres?