Thursday, August 28, 2008

Overheard During Obama's Acceptance Speech

(The kids aren't really into politics, but because it is a memorable speech, I encouraged them to stay up and listen to Obama's acceptance speech).

Obama: "the same party that brought you two terms of George Bush and Dick Cheney will ask this country for a third. And we are here because we love this country too much to let the next four years look like the last eight. On November 4th, we must stand up and say: "Eight is enough."

Scooter: "Oooooo?! Did you hear what he said about President Bush?"

Skeeter: "Was that a slam?"

Scooter: "Uhhhh...yeah"

Skeeter: "Well, I hope the President wasn't watching."

3 comments:

Mister Ginger said...

You know, I kinda think he wasn't watching.

Neither was I. I fell asleep during the pre-speech video and woke up at 2:15.

It's been a long week.

Anonymous said...

I am liking Obama more and more. I sure question McCain in his choice of running mate...could she step up to the plate if needed?
I also have enjoyed hearing from Obama's vp. Looks interesting!
Of course, I loved Hillary's speech and wish she had a place.....

bobby said...

You left off the part where ever-precocious Squealer said: The only thing missing is Leni Reifenstahl.