Longtime readers may recall that one of my favorite theologians is N. T. Wright. I mentioned hearing him address the annual SBL meeting in San Diego last November.
Oddly enough, he turned up a few nights ago on the Colbert Report. The thought of Steve Colbert interviewing Bishop N.T. Wright seems about as likely as Woody Allen interviewing Billy Graham!! But it made for a interesting conversation nonetheless. Although you do have to wade through a heavy layer of Colbertian snark, it’s still worth it. The topic is heaven and the New Heavens and the New Earth.
Enjoy!
(What?! You mean you didn’t know that Woody Allen DID interview Billy Graham?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is amazing! Woody and Billy are pure magic. I'd never thought of Woody as beautiful before, but Billy helped me see that he really is.
Good catch, Taran. These are fun to watch back to back. The difference I'd say is that WA, as demonstrated by his entire body of work, clearly disagrees with Graham, whereas Colbert, if you watch his show enough and listen to the *content* of his jokes about the church and religion, actually comes off as a guy who might believe, but who just has a serious problem with hypocrisy (as he also obviously does in the world of politics). I'm proud to see Wright stand up against the onslaught of sarcasm.
No, I did not know of the Woody and Billy interview. Thanks!
Post a Comment