Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fiat Lux (II)

Continuing our projects.



Dining Area Before










Dining Area After




Note how the day has turned into night. We had a couple of minor issues with this one that necessitated a trip back to Lowes. Specifically our predecessors had hacked out the hole in the ceiling with (apparently) a butter knife. The resulting hole was slightly larger than the base of the new light, so we had to purchase a (plain) medallion to cover the hole.
On a side note, I read somewhere that if you get electrocuted, you can't always break contact with the live wires. So I've asked Scooter to stand ready with a two by four in case I get electrocuted so she can whack me free of the current. So far, she's been a little disappointed at my safety record.









Again, I cannot stress how simple this is. We have a couple more lighting projects to complete, I'll post those if as they are completed.















No comments: