Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hiatus

In agricultural contexts, you must allow the ground to lie fallow for a time to ensure an improved crop the next time. Unfortunately for the reader, there’s no guarantee that subsequent Coffeespoons will be improved, but it certainly won’t be any worse.

What’s been going on…

Home Alone Two

I was left alone again as Kadie and her sister PT Girl trekked into that state that is the center of the universe and visited their Dad and step mom up in Enid. They took the entire brood of kids. Much lest angst this time. But while she was at our home, PTGirl (who is, after all a PT) advised me to get my knee (yes, that one) looked at by an orthopedic doc. After the injury, the knee remained swollen. Although there's been no pain, it tightens up whenever I run. So I heeded her advice…

Under the Knife Needle

The ortho doc recommended draining the fluid out of the bursa sac with a large needle. Which he immediately did. (It looked EXACTLY like this). Overall it wasn’t as painful as I expected, and much less painful than my "friends" told me it would be.

Recalling Stories

The book is finally out. Now its time to start working on the next one.

Intentional Interim

As I anticipated, the deacons at Lakeview opted not to go with an intentional interim program. While disappointing, it was not surprising. I was told that we hadn’t done it in the past and there was no need to do so now. When I asked how the deacons had responded to the problems I perceived in the church, the chairman said nobody really had any responses to my concerns.

Raise

At work, we’ve had one raise in the last seven years and just received another one this summer. So the summer term has been focused on haggling over how best to apportion what would be an across the board 5% raise. While appreciated, it’s like splitting hairs.

I should get back into the blogging swing of things now. Thanks to all who've continued to read.

2 comments:

bobby said...

We're left to speculate which is more of a pain for you, the knee or the ol' status quo.

Anonymous said...

T, we are finally settling into our new home. Went through old boxes and found six letters you wrote before the advent of email. Found pics of your first born, lots of funny stories and the first germs of what became a blog! Good memories.
Glad your are still running. I did a 10K two weeks ago and planning a 10miler in Sept. Talk later,
DD