About a year and a half ago, I asked our pastor if we could offer Financial Peace University. He said he’d think about it and never got back to me. After I finally asked him his decision, he said nope, “It’s not time.” It apparently never was time, as he left a few months later.
Our current youth/education/interim minister (and the only minister on our staff) was called to the gospel ministry out of the world of financial services and is passionate about this course. He has encouraged me to offer the class. This program was developed by Dave Ramsey (long time
Financial Peace University is a 13 week study (2 hours a week) that explores the Bible’s teachings on finances by someone who has gone broke and bounced back from it. It is a great program for all of course, but we have a several single parents in our church and it should be very helpful for them as well. In addition, a local marriage counselor (who isn’t even a Christian) is going to send us several referrals for it. Kadie and I will be coordinating the class.
One bonus is its use as an outreach tool. By offering the class, our church will go up on Ramsey’s web site for those looking for a class in our area. If you are interested in a class in your area, check it out here. If you want to offer it at your church (and I highly recommend it) check out Ramsey's site and connect with their church coordinators.
So starting August 19th we will roll with it.
3 comments:
Taran,
Thanks for the recommendation and I will be checking it out for use in our church.
Dave,
Outside of the Bible (of course!), no book has positively impacted our family more than Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover. We are excited about getting to share it with others.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
I'm so excited for you guys...congrats to the 2 newest FPU coordinators
Post a Comment