While I walked around town on Tuesday evening, it began to snow!
In my hometown, we very rarely get snow. It doesn’t snow nearly as much as it does here, or ice as much as it does here, or get as cold as it does here. In short, when I see snow I tend to get as giddy as a small child hopped up on Cherry Kool-Aid.
Plus this was the first snow of the year in NYC and it really cast the city in a different light. The snow kept a lot of people at home Wednesday morning, so the city was less congested than it was when I arrived.
The snow didn’t stop the traffic.
Plus this was the first snow of the year in NYC and it really cast the city in a different light. The snow kept a lot of people at home Wednesday morning, so the city was less congested than it was when I arrived.
The snow didn’t stop the traffic.
I especially enjoyed walking around Central Park and seeing some of the famous squirrels.
(Side note: Have you noticed now that news organizations will "brand" bad weather. This snowfall was called the "2007 Northeaster". Every news show called it the same thing. I guess ratings improve when you name a storm.)
Based purely on observation, most of the other people in New York didn’t appear to be enjoying the snow as much as I did.
Based purely on observation, most of the other people in New York didn’t appear to be enjoying the snow as much as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment