Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The New Pet

I came home top find a new creature living in our home. It is a tadpole. Apparently Scooter’s teacher gave several to various members of the class on the last day of the semester.

Well then.

We were not asked by her teacher, and I’m not sure about the ethics of trafficking in amphibian life. It is slightly aggravating. We cannot return it to her, unless her address can be found at Tadpole Food”. Who knew such a thing existed?!

Fortunately, I do not conceive of this as a long term problem. I give him about another six days. Ten tops.

Natural selection does not favor tadpoles coexisting long with three year olds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Things not to say to your pregnant wife", #231:

When asked to find the camera, do not, I repeat do not, wonder out loud whether or not your camera has a panoramic mode.

FluidIce

Taran said...

And neither should you ask if she prefers you to print out the picture in portrait or landscape.

PoMonkey said...

This educator would never send home a tadpole with a student without asking!! How rude! How many days until froghood?

Taran said...

Pomonkey,

I am contemplating returning the favor and leaving the mature amphibian in her teacher's mailbox a few months or so from now.