Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Post Script

Note to self (and perhaps other fathers)

When your wife mentions to you a slight disappointment with the quality of her Mother’s day, DO NOT respond with the statement “But you are not MY mother. Why are you telling me?”

I now know from experience that this is not wise.

6 comments:

Bowden McElroy said...

I keep threatening to write a book: Things NOT To Say To Your Wife.

PoMonkey said...

Taran, Taran, Taran! When will you learn??? (By the way, I think it's hilarous that Katie reads your blog "when it's on"!!) Oh, how I wish for more females in the blog world!

Taran said...

PoMonkey,

We both know a certain female who would be a tremendous blogger if she didn't live in the sticks and only have dial-up.

Kadie's animus toward computers goes back years. Just last night (after the computer deleted a lengthy email she had composed) she said to me through clenched teeth "I just wish they (computers) would quit BOTHERING ME!!!"

Taran said...

Bowden,

Welcome to the blog. If I had known you were coming I would've cleaned up the place. I think that I would be good for at least a chapter in your book.

And by the way, I will confess to a certain intimidation that my thoughts and family stories are being read by a trained professional counselor. I imagine you taking down "counseling notes" and writing up a case study "How Not to Raise Your Kids: A Case Study in Idiocy."

Anonymous said...

Future reference material for "Things Never to Say to Your Wife Especially When She's Dealing With Hormones":

Avoid at all costs the following statement: "You're beginning to act just like your mother."

Trust me on this one.

Anonymous said...

I see you have been talking about me....oh for fast access internet!!!