Karen Scalf Linamen has written a fun and helpful book on how women should initiate positive changes in their lives.
She argues that every woman longs for change in some area of her life. Unfortunately, fear, fatigue, adversity, heartbreak, past failures, and even the choices of other people get in the way and make lasting change seem out of reach. Having been there herself, Karen Linamen knows exactly how to take readers from where they are to where they want to be.
In Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight, she examines 52 powerful readers can apply to any change they long to embrace. Her insights apply to career, finances, personal health and fitness, relationships, faith—in fact, every facet of a woman’s life.
Blending humor with sage advice, Linamen shows readers the link between dissatisfaction and transformation, how to remodel habits, the little-known truth about procrastination, how to generate the energy they need to pursue the life they desire, how to benefit from options and resources they never dreamed they had, and more!
Linamen combines humor and wisdom in an entertaining read that doesn’t take itself too seriously. I only have a couple of drawbacks about this book. First, it is completely aimed at the female population. Almost all of the examples pertain to women and, let’s be frank, it’s the only pink covered book on my bookshelf. Second, some of the information is rather trite. “Watch an uplifting movie” is among the more pedestrian pieces of advice. But despite those minor points, I recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you have embraced your feminine side. Would pay to actually read what Bartolo is thinking right now.
I almost hesitate to sign this!
DD
You need another pink book on your shelf--I'll send it when I find where I put your address (unless you want to email it to me).
Post a Comment