Thursday, November 20, 2008

True feelings

This morning, Squealer wandered through the house shouting my name. When he finally found me he said “Daddy, Scooter called me weird!” Now weird is one of those nebulous words that is highly discouraged, but not actually forbidden in our house. Still, it’s unusual for Scooter to use that term with her brother. But clearly it was a situation that I had to address.

When I went into the living room I found Scooter sitting on the couch reading a book. I said “Scooter, did you really call Squealer weird?”

Without raising an eye she shrugged and said “Somebody had to finally let him know.”

6 comments:

Benjie said...

Out of the mouths . . .

bobby said...

Seriously, did you crib this from a Family Circus?

bobby said...

Seriously, did you crib this from a Family Circus?

Taran said...

Bobby,

Truly the most painful criticism this blog has ever received. So I'll leave up your double posting out of spite.

Dave Samples said...

Awesome! I get the same thing from my Deacons...

PoMonkey said...

And yet another post to be bookmarked for days when I need a good laugh! Thanks!