Larry Norman, the dean of Contemporary Christian music passed away last week. Although never a huge Norman fan, I appreciate his ground breaking work. His influence would be hard to overestimate. You can draw a line of apostolic succession from Norman to the contemporary singers and songwriters whose artistic works fill our churches on most Sundays.
(I also learned from Norman that Christians don't always get along. He and Randy Stonehill had a tumultuous relationship. That fact is reflected in Stonehill's own eulogy for Norman here.)
There was a time in high school when I believed that his duet with Steve Camp “Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music” represented the zenith on Christian rock. (And the zenith of Big Hair).
But for now, I’ll pass along two You Tubes. First, his haunting “I wish We’d All Been Ready” performed by DC Talk
Second, his acoustic version of WSTDHATGM
HT: Dave Samples
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll admit I watched that DC Talk video probably 300 times a dozen years ago. Now I have to ask my self... why?
Post a Comment