
The high point of the summer takes place in our home tonight. High School Musical 2 invades millions of homes this evening. Since we have both a Tween and a Tween wannabe, life in our household will stop between 7:00 and 9:00 CST.
Newsweek called the original High School Musical “The Grease of this generation.”
I think they meant that to be a favorable comparison.
So I have my earplugs in (because of my shrieking girls, not because of the quality of the music) and my own high school class of 1987 ring on.
Watching the movie will impute a coolness on me that will enable me to transcend the immense cultural gap between me and my kids.
Right?
Newsweek called the original High School Musical “The Grease of this generation.”
I think they meant that to be a favorable comparison.
So I have my earplugs in (because of my shrieking girls, not because of the quality of the music) and my own high school class of 1987 ring on.
Watching the movie will impute a coolness on me that will enable me to transcend the immense cultural gap between me and my kids.
Right?
6 comments:
Right.....u bet ya....cool as....um.....nvm. :)
BLO
rotfl! u r hlarius!!! grt pst, txt ltr ;)
Still reading your stuff and feeling your pain re HSM2. My daughter is nuts over the premier. However, so were 17 million other people. Is there a message in those numbers? Methinkso. Talk soon. Sending you my resume later in the week
;-) DD
I admit that this 37-year-old owns the High School Musical DVD. Maybe I'm a Tween wannabe? I missed the premiere on Friday, so I've probably been kicked out of the club.
HSM is the Grease of this generation? Newsweek hasn't seen Grease in awhile. It's clearly made for adults, and fairly well saturated with hormones and sexual dialogue. It's like saying The Lion King is the Fritz the Cat of this generation.
BLO and Bobby,
I have no idea what you're saying. I'll have Scooter explain it to me...
DD,
I too was staggared by the 17 mill number. That is a lot of kinetic energy. Don't worry about your resume, I don't think Lakeview can match your current six figure income;)!
PoMonkey,
I think you came out of the closet about your affliction--affection I mean for HSM earlier. I was wondering when you would do a review of HSM2 on your blog. I strongly suspect that there will be a DVD release....
Bobby,
Maybe they washed Grease clean in HSM??? But I agree. I think Newsweek was talking popularity, not content.
Post a Comment